This is a super quick salad I put together for a potluck out of some stuff I have stocked in my kitchen. It was well received and folks asked for the recipe which felt super nice! My beautiful buddy Haidee made it and sent us this picture, which is wonderful because we ate all of the one I made before we thought to photograph it!
The nice thing about this is that you can make the salad days in advance as long as the greens go on top and store it in the fridge. It is also darned good served with the squash still warm!
Hot sauce spaghetti (squash) spinach salad
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash, 'spaghettied' (I stab with a knife a few times and microwave whole for 10-15 mins, then cut in half wearing oven mitts, remove seeds, and shred/spaghetti with a fork)
- 5 huge handfuls spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes with oil poured in to fill the rest of the space in the cup
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- About 10 drops piri piri or other hot sauce
- Huge pinch sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Put all ingredients except spinach in a big mixing bowl; put spinach on top.
- When ready to serve, mix it all together.