I wrote up this post a few weeks ago and it was looking pretty good when my computer unceremoniously failed me. I was a bit grouchy about that and hadn't summoned the will to rewrite it, but keep drinking this smoothie so figure it is worth a post.
This is the very much non-real foods version of the chocolate peanut butter banana "Elvis" smoothie I posted before; I love this smoothie - I've been using PB2 in my smoothies (forewarning: this is the most readily available nut flour but one of the ingredients is sugar, but you could order peanut flour and avoid that issue) to cut down on the whopping calorie count a quarter cup of peanut butter adds; I'm not a huge fan of super sweet stuff, so the cocoa really floats my boat. This is ok with bacon, but adding the crispy bacon and dredging it out with a spoon at the end is one of my most favourite things. The bacon is sweet and salty and frozen... real good.
Dairy-free peanut butter chocolate bacon protein smoothie
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- Big handful of ice
- 2 Tbsp PB2 or other powdered peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- Scoop of vanilla or chocolate egg-white protein powder (I like Jay Robb)
- Strip of crispy bacon, broken into large chunks
- Pinch of cinnamon and sea salt
- Fry your bacon, break into large chunks, and huck it in the bottom of a glass
- Blend the rest of the ingredients until smooth
- Pour over the bacon; drink with a big bubble straw, and dredge out the bacon with a spoon.