I'm slightly obsessed with using chia gel to make this figs-honey-and-cream hot "fauxtmeal" breakfast. You can store the rest of your full-fat coconut milk (sometimes sold as coconut cream) in the fridge and it will thicken up like this beautifully. I use about 1/3 a 400 mL can on each bowl. Excuse the chipped dishes, I'm microwave cooking and sparing the good stuff from getting bumped during renovations!
This is the easiest breakfast recipe I have in my arsenal; it comes together fast and doesn't make other folks feel awkward waiting around while you cook (if you call microwaving cooking! I am sure you could make this on the stovetop for added chef'ing cred). You just whisk together 1/4 cup chia gel, an egg, some dried fruit and salt+cinnamon.
Plus I don't think I've made anything else that feels as satiating. I feel great eating this and it keeps me full way longer than other fake oatmeal ("fauxtmeal") recipes. I am so excited to have the ingredients for this on hand to get me through fall and winter mornings. The cold evenings here already have me filled with dread.
Chia honey and cream fauxtmeal hot breakfast
- 1/4 cup chia gel
- 1 large egg
- small handful of diced dried fruit or raisins
- generous pinch each sea salt and cinnamon
- full-fat coconut milk/cream and honey to top
- Combine chia gel, egg, dried fruit, and salt/cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together with a fork
- Microwave for about 4.5 minutes or until centre no longer looks liquidy.
- Top with coconut milk and a drizzle of honey. Yummy.