My beautiful friend Bailey, one of the fittest, kindest, smartest women I've had the privilege of meeting, has been reading the blog and trying out a few of my recipes and sending me feedback, which is about the greatest thing that has ever happened.
Your pad-thai recipe is amazing! I am eating the leftover sauce on everything...
Another amazing recipe from the fabulous Robin Angell! The warm fried chicken and spicy cabbage go wonderfully with fresh greens...mmm.
Bailey's most excellent zucchini pasta with avocado sauce
- 1-2 zucchini
- 8-12 oz ground meat of your choice or sausage
- Handful of spinach
- A fresh tomato or a few cherry tomatoes
- An avocado
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (Bailey's sauce) or 1/2 cup coconut milk (Robin's variation)
- Salt (garlic salt or sea salt)
- Julienne some skinned zucchini, salt it and let it drain for 20 minutes.
- Saute with whatever meat, leafy greens, and tomatoes you choose. Bailey used sausage, spinach and cherry tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, blitz avocado, coconut milk or olive oil, and salt in the food processor.
- Serve sauteed meat and veggies and top with the avocado sauce and done!
Bailey is also contemplating going dairy-free after reading about my dairy woes, and is up for posting her experiences, recipes, and recipe reviews here for us - which would be so exciting! Also, Haidee, my wonderful lifting n' dining buddy, and Bailey both sent me food pictures - the best present! Especially as both of their food photography is quite exceptional, especially when compared to mine (but I'm working on it!). Check out Haidee's sauerkraut and Bailey's fried chicken salad: